• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tadpoles IC410

Started by Carole, Jan 09, 2016, 23:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

My second image from 7-1-2016  - Done with my Dual rig. 

Processing was a bit of a tour de-force, as I did both Ha and Oiii from both cameras, and there was also a meridian flip in all filters.  Think I'll have a stiff drink now.   :beer:  Husband hasn't seen me all day I've been upstairs processing the entire day. 

a) Atik314L & WOZS71 + x0.8 FR
b) Atik460EX & ED80 + x0.8 FR

Ha 31 x 600secs (a= 14 x 600, b = 17 x 600)
Oiii 16 x 600secs (a= 2 x 600, b = 14 x 600)
Sii 13 x 600 (a)

Total integration  time = 10 hours

Fay

Gosh Carole, you do put yourself through it!  well you  got another image, at least you have something to show for all your perseverance.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

It's complicated Fay, but at least gives me a better chance of getting a complete image in one evening, trying to get all filters on one scope rarely worked and then I'd wait sometimes months to complete an image.  Also with Oiii being different focus to Ha and Sii means I don't have to stop and re-focus, as Ha and Sii seem to be pretty much the same, so I can use the sequencer.

i.e. Ha & Sii on one scope and Oiii on the other (at least for the first hour or two). 

Carole

MarkS

Excellent result Carole.  You've done a good job of processing that.  The colours look great.

Mark

Carole

Thanks very much Mark.

Carole

RobertM

That does look good Carole, it looks like the hard work has paid off.  I like this palette a lot (Ha mapped to blue) as it gives an almost 3d effect.

The dual scope rig is also paying dividends and it's something I'd like to do myself sometime.

Robert

Carole

Thanks Robert. 

Yes I couldn't have got all this data with only one camera.

Carole

JohnP

Agree colours are great & once again for Bromley amazing..

Carole

Ivor

Very nice Carole, love the colours. You continue to demonstrate the benefits of a dual rig, imagine what could be done if it was combined with F4 or lower scopes.

Carole

Thanks Ivor. 

I was imaging at F6 in the ED80 & F4.72 in the WO, so not far out in the WO.
Just need to get away from the LP.

Carole