• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Frustrated from Tunbridge Wells

Started by Ivor, Dec 03, 2015, 08:21:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivor

OK the weather has been so bad I'm forgetting why I dug deep and bought all my kit. I've decided to revisit an image M27 and see whether I could pull out more detail from a cropped version.

The original version looks like this

My first attempt was using PS CS4, I created a a red boosted hue/saturation layer with a mask and a similar layer with a high pass filter using the same mask.

It's brought out more of the red but has lost some of the softness, so I'm keen to hear how others would approach this, I'm particular keen to hear ideas on how to do it in PI.

Thanks

Simon E

Tell me about it, bought my new setup 3 weeks ago and still haven't used it.

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Fay

I have not been outside for months!!!!!! losing the will now....................
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Roy

Apparently November was officially one of the dullest on record. I also don't remember October being particularly bright, and December certainly hasn't started too well. Gloom, gloom, gloom!

RobertM

Quote from: Simon E on Dec 03, 2015, 09:53:57
Tell me about it, bought my new setup 3 weeks ago and still haven't used it.

si
That must be at least a months worth of cloud which, by deduction, means at least another week to go :(

MarkS

I've forgotten how everything fits together and works :(

Mark

Fay

Cant believe we need an agony aunt section.  😫
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ivor

I'm excited from TW now, I've just seen Jupiter, Venus and the moon!! :D

As my thread seems to have gone a little off piste I'd like highlight my original post was about processing techniques; any suggestions?

RobertM

I think we're all feeling a bit off piste at the moment Ivor !

Sorry, can't help with PS.