• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M52 Open Cluster in Cassiopeia, 3rd October 2015, Manche, France

Started by The Thing, Oct 05, 2015, 11:25:31

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

This is first light on Mick's NEQ6 mount. It worked well first time, no messing about and gave me 0.8arcsec RMS guiding. It's a real bummer he never got the pleasure of using it.

It was a good choice of target given the Moon situation and slight murkiness. I used high pass sharpening for the first time. This image hasn't been cropped for a change, for some reason I am getting good stars right to the edge (OK so they are not Tak sharp...). I can only put this down to very careful collimation as nothing else has changed on my old SCT.

Image date, time and location:   20151003 Manche France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   Meade LX90 8", Baader Alan Gee II Telecompressor f5.6
Camera and filters used:   Canon 1000D Modded, no filters
Processing applied:   Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop CS2, Irfanview

JohnP

shock horror... Its not the moon..... :-)

Great image dunc & nice 1st light...

BTW that is first light for the mount - It was previously owned by my boss at work - It spent 2 years sitting in the office not being used - in fact I powered it up once to do some visual with it - So glad its being used at last...

John

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Looks like that mount is working well Duncan.  Give deconvolution a go as well as high pass sharpening, it's certainly more work but can give excellent results.

Robert

MarkS