• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Yet another lunar eclipse timelapse

Started by MarkS, Oct 06, 2015, 21:56:03

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

1 frame taken every minute using Sony A7S on Tak Epsilon giving a total of 258 frames at 1000x1000 pixels.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Ky5pyZvsINdlNnNVg3aW95d00/view?usp=sharing
Make sure you watch at best quality or download it first.  You'll probably need to download it to see it at 1000x1000.

I don't like the transitions but that is my fault for not taking the correct exposures during the transition from partial eclipse to blood moon and back.
I spent all yesterday evening manually aligning frames but it still looks a bit jumpy.

Mark

Carole

Very smooth transition throughout Mark.

Carole

Fay

I think it is very smooth Mark, difficult to do with the brightness and having to change the exposures all the time. what video program did you use?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Well that's come out very well Mark - I'd be well haps with that - like you say a few little jumps/ twists but excellent - Exposure at transition was really difficult. Are you still planning on doing a moving (as opposed to stationary) timelapse..

John

The Thing

Very good, it really makes it look like the moon is going through the shadow rather than the other way round as usually seems to happen.

Duncan

RobertM

Very nice indeed Mark.  Having grappled with my own last night and this morning I can only imagine what you went through to produce this.

Robert

Kenny