• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

I see everybody is still having problem with software lol

Started by Simon E, Nov 17, 2015, 20:39:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon E

Well this should be fun, I'm gonna try running everything on Windows 10.......

I hope all the guiding software works :o

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Carole

You have re-surfaced Simon (further to our chat on the Shed).

Carole

Mike

Good luck with that. I uninstalled Windows 10 after constant crashes.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yes I've heard a lot of people have had problems with Windows 10, so I shall not be upgrading until I am forced to.

Carole

Mac

My imaging PC is XP.
It works without a hitch, no point in changing something that's working well.

Pity ive not got any time to use it.

Mac

ApophisAstros

Had windows 10 for ages with maybe 2 crashes it depends on the capabilities of hardware whether or not new software works sufficiently or not.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mike

I've got an 8 core 3.8GHz i7 processor, 32Gb ram and a 2Gb AMD GFX Card so it is definitely nothing to do with hardware capability.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

I didn't say anything about power, its compatibilities with new software that is in question on some systems.
That why some user are OK and some are not, hence software is not be problem, what does the comparability wizard to w10 say for your system.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

I use a Tosh Satellite i3 4gb RAM with 64bit Win10 using the MS upgrade path and have had no problems at all with astro related software or any other software. I use 64bit versions where possible. I also use Win10 64bit 8gb RAM on my desktop but did a clean install on a new HDSSD hybrid drive. No problems there either.

JohnP

Ive got a home built G3258 Pentium running at 3.2Ghz - no probs with win10 - like it. Have to say G3258 is a bargain at £50 :-)

Simon E

TBH, Most PC's these days are geared to run Windows 10 and shouldn't have a problem.

Just downloaded BackyardNikon for my PC and see how that runs in the next couple of days, it says it is supported in Win 10.

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras