• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observatory de Gonneville

Started by The Thing, Sep 01, 2015, 15:02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

I'm within spiting distance of finishing the body of my observatory, just the fiddly bits of the shell to do and fix the track supports in properly. And a door and steps up. Note: the ill fitting boards are just there to help keep the weather out tonight!

MarkS

Carole

That's really come on Duncan.

Carole

Mac

looks like first light will be soon.

Mac

julian

There be  no stopping you now.
Looking good.

The Thing

Quote from: Mac on Oct 08, 2015, 13:36:03
looks like first light will be soon.

Mac
First Light has been and gone before the roof was built :)  Yesterday I got the top of the pier set to it's final height, plenty of room to park the scope to the side, haven't tried in Polar home position with the roof closed as I will have to be careful just in case it's a close thing. I think the Telrad and finderguider will foul but they are optional in my setup... As well as that filled in a lot of the gaps including the drop flap on the door side and a big flap at the bottom on the compost bin side. I won't have permanent power and networking until the house is finished.

Last night was good with a transparent sky but the seeing wasn't too good. I imaged the Pleiades, guiding 0.85 rms mostly. I was out until 5:00am and it was nice being above the damp, a bit strange having walls after sitting in the open imaging for so long!