• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Members Astrophotography Equipment

Started by GeorgeC, Aug 30, 2015, 11:08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeC

In looking enviously at the great images you all produce, it struck me that I (and it probably won't be just me I think) do not know what kind of equipment you are all using. It would therefore be nice to have some of you describe your equipment in an article in TOAST - some photographs and brief descriptions. I was particularly intrigued by Carol's bar with 2 camera(??).
The Autumn edition of TOAST is going out now but if someone would like to volunteer an article for the next edition due out at the end of November I would be very pleased.

Carole

George are you coming to the next meeting (September)?   It is a members evening and the imagers are going to talk about how they do their imaging.  The talks will be in two parts:

September:
Equipment  (Just what you are talking about)
DSLRs

November:
Imaging using a CCD camera
Post processing

You might want to write up notes from the September demo and I am sure we could provide photos & lists of suitable kit if you like.

Co-incidence or what?

Carole

GeorgeC

Unfortunately I am on holiday over the September meeting so will not be able to attend. I think it better if someone who knows what they are talking about were to write a few words. I don't think I could do the topic justice.

Carole

I would be happy to do it unless you get other offers. 

Send me your Email address via a PM and I'll send you photos of my equipment.  The trouble is there are a variety of telescopes you can use. 

Carole

Carole

I have sent you a PM but will need your E mail address to send photos:

Carole