• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening - Tuesday 18th August

Started by Mike, Aug 17, 2015, 22:05:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget folks that it is the monthly Observing Evening tomorrow.

Meet up at the Change of Horses from 8:00pm onwards and (weather permitting) we will move onto the field later on or stay in the pub for a drink and a chat.

See you then.

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Are you still leading the local observing evenings Mike? 

Carole

Mike

There are many things I could put in reply to your question Carole but I shall refrain.

The answer should come from the Observing Officer and/or a Committee Member.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

See you in the pub later tonight!

Mike & Petra

Ivor

Hi Mike, unfortunately you haven't been able to attend the last couple of members meetings where the observing changes were discussed at length, I also provided details with my last report which you should have received a couple of weeks ago. At the meeting I went and individual spoke to a number of members who enjoy the social evenings to ensure all of their concerns were addressed and came away from those discussions with the understanding they were happy. You are the only person I've not had the opportunity to do this with yet, I hope you will be attending the next members meeting so we can get that chance.

I explained at the last meeting I would be on holiday this week, I hope you all had a nice evening.

I have very limited internet access here so I propose any further discussions on the topic are saved for when we next meet in person.

See you all next week.

Mike

Don't worry Ivor. It is the last time you'll see a post from me on here.

doug

In that case ... I will remind people when the Tuesday Observing/Social evenings are, then. And thanks for all your consistent hard work, Mike.

Doug.  :D
Always look on the bright side of life ...