• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

August DSC 14 - 16 August

Started by Carole, Aug 02, 2015, 17:37:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

OK, I will let Len know we have cancelled.

Carole

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Ask him what the state of the field is please Carole.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

He doesn't respond to his E mails very quickly Mike and I can't put my hand on his phone number at present.
I am going to have to ask him for it again.

Carole

The Thing

Quote from: Carole on Aug 14, 2015, 18:22:34
He doesn't respond to his E mails very quickly Mike and I can't put my hand on his phone number at present.
I am going to have to ask him for it again.

Carole
Pete Seeney. 07765 363546

Carole

Wrong camp Duncan, Pete Seeney is Cairds.

I'll see if I put it on an old post about Running Water.

Carole

Carole

Found it:

Lydd Road
New Romney
TN29 9SE
01797 366427
Len Phillips
leonardphillips (at) gmx.com

MarkS

Ironically I'm sitting here outside with Dee with cheese and wine and a perfectly clear sky.  The Met Office is showing me cloudy skies.  I guess that soon they'll look out of the window, see the clear sky and update their forecast :)

Mark

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Aug 15, 2015, 23:08:15
Ironically I'm sitting here outside with Dee with cheese and wine and a perfectly clear sky.  The Met Office is showing me cloudy skies.  I guess that soon they'll look out of the window, see the clear sky and update their forecast :)

Mark

Ditto but without the Dee, cheese, wine and Mark.  Weather forecast was way off even here. Even spotted a couple of good meteors.

Carole

Can't even rely on the weather forecasts, but I think the field might have been very soggy.

Carole

RobertM

Quote from: Carole on Aug 16, 2015, 08:47:54
Can't even rely on the weather forecasts, but I think the field might have been very soggy.

Carole
Well they have forecast clouds and that's just about all I've had here :(

Rick

I looked out on several occasions last night between 01:30z and 03:00z. The sky was not obviously cloudy, but I think there was a high-level thin haze, as only the brighter stars were visible. It wasn't worth going outside for. Later in the night, when there were some clouds out low in the northwest, the clear patches of sky were better, with the Pleiades showing nicely in the east.