• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

August DSC 14 - 16 August

Started by Carole, Aug 02, 2015, 17:37:22

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Wellies, cagoule and Wierd French Stuff for damp proofing...

Fay

Looks really bad for thursday, may be quite muddy on friday
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Yes that's what I was thinking Fay.  I am of a mind to give this one a miss, but will keep watching the weather forecast, but don't want to sit or pitch in a soggy field.

Carole

Fay

Romney Marsh has an amber warning now. More heavy rain from 4pm onwards

MarkS

New Romney High St suffered flash floods today.  Just a few hundred yards from the camp site.

Mark

Fay

Rick

Quote from: MarkS on Aug 13, 2015, 16:57:07New Romney High St suffered flash floods today.
Blitzortung was showing some intense lightning clusters over Kent this morning. It was hard to see the map for the markers. The thunderstorms must have been quite impressive...

Carole

It looks like a wash out to me.  Even the "clear after midnight" forecast for Saturday has now disappeared and even if it hadn't we'd be sitting in an extremely soggy field.

So I have decided there is no point in going.

Carole

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Carole
Mike & Petra

Mark
Fay
Robert (maybe Friday only)

MarkS

Carole
Mike & Petra
Mark
Fay

Good luck Robert!

Mark

RobertM

Quote from: MarkS on Aug 13, 2015, 23:58:18
Carole
Mike & Petra
Mark
Fay

Good luck Robert!

Mark

That was only a maybe ;)

Robert

Mike

Just to tease us the weather forecast is now showing a nice clear sky for Saturday. After this rain, it will probably be a nice sky too. However, I agree the camp site is probably a swamp by now.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

We can never win, Mike. forecasts are conflicting