• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 17 - 19th July 2015

Started by Carole, Jun 26, 2015, 10:23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Further to last night's meeting, I got a reply from Len at Running Water today to say we can go there for the next DSC
17 - 19th July.  Can you alter that on the main website please Rick. 

It's about 3 weeks off, but as people are taking holidays etc I thought I'd give you some good warning.

For those who don't know the site:
Running Water is located in Lydd Road, New Romney, Kent TN29 9SE
https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/South_East/Kent/New_Romney/running-waters-holiday-park/

It's a nice dark site, Len doesn't advertise so hopefully there won't be hoards of families, he just tends to let to people he knows.  He will also turn the toilet light off for us. 

Says on the web page:
Quotechildren under 14 years of age are not allowed on site.  No dogs allowed

I will try to find the old photos of the location and campsite and post them on here.  SatNav seems to stop you a bit short of the campsite. 

Unfortunately it is £20 per night including hook up, but it's not easy to find a suitable site especially this time of the year.  Also no Glamping PODs. 

Carole

Carole

This is how to get into the campsite.  Enter via the side road - Spitalfield Lane, and not the main entrance past Len's house and through the washing line (no names mentioned lol).

As you can see on the left of the photo, SatNavs seems to stop you just before you get there.

Rick

Event on main website updated to show new location.

Mike

Petra and I are away that weekend so will not be at this one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Thanks Rick.

Len has asked how many are coming and whether we need electric before he gives me a definite price,  As it says £20 on the website I am hoping this means he might give a slight discount for a group. 

I of course explained that I won't know until during the week before and even then we might have to cancel if there are not going to be any clear skies.

QuotePetra and I are away that weekend
That's a shame Mike, you haven't tried this camp out yet.  Hope you are going somewhere nice. 

Carole

MarkS

I won't be able to make this one either :-(

Mike

Carole we are off to the Cotswolds for a week including going to the International Air Tattoo at Fairford.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

That's a shame 2 down.  Well to be expected this time of the year.  Hopefully there will be a small group of us. 

Carole

Fay

Never been to an Air Fattoo..... :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Fay on Jun 27, 2015, 15:34:07
Its easy to mispype!!!!....lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Jun 27, 2015, 15:34:07

What are you on about Fay?

:roll:

:lol:

Fay

You naughty boy, you have changed it!!!! :ferret:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Delphine

Hi Carole - Ian and I are thinking of going to the Dsc.

Delphine

Carole

Thanks Delphine, so that makes so far:

Attending:
Carole
Delphine and Ian.

Can't come:
Mike and Petra
Mark

No-one else has given a decision yet.

Carole