• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7000 with Warts

Started by MarkS, Jun 17, 2015, 01:13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Roughened up then painted.  This is what you need:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/krylon-spray-paint/KrylonBlackSprayPaint#.VYMhilKkqnM

Chris put me on to it a while back.

Robert

The Thing

This paint looks good, as used by Teleskop Service on their scopes

MarkS

Thanks, Robert & Duncan.

One of those should do the trick after roughening or grinding down the surface first.

Mark

MarkS

I actually found some Halfords ultra-matt black camouflage paint in the garage.  I tried it out last night.  Using an artificial star it made a huge difference - completely eliminating the crescents and significantly reducing the flare.  The flare results from the very low glancing arrows of the light paths - I don't think any paint would totally eliminate that.

Mark

MarkS

What I forgot to say is that I could see the nebulosity in live view.  I was pretty impressed by that!  It made framing very easy.

Mark

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Jun 24, 2015, 19:53:02
What I forgot to say is that I could see the nebulosity in live view.  I was pretty impressed by that!  It made framing very easy.

Mark
I don't see nebulosity in 5 minute subs with my 1000D and 8" SCT @f6, let alone LiveView. :cry:   :frog::idea: Obsy first, rest of it second.