• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The Coathanger Asterism

Started by RobertM, May 28, 2015, 21:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Another from Salcombe, Devon.  Unfinished business from a few years ago this so I'm pleased to have got a half decent go at it.

Capture details:
RH200 Telescope
Sony A7s full spectrum
ISO 2000
IDAS LPS P2 filter
33 x 30s Unguided
HEQ6 with Belt Mod
No darks, flats or bias frames
Processed in Pixinsight

Quarter size:

Full resolution: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8838/18019575770_a07e25a0f5_o.jpg

JohnP

very nice ... billions of stars and liking the 'milky' nebulosity... for 30 secs amazing - John

RobertM

Thanks John.  I definitely overdid the colour somewhere so I'm going to redo colour balance using the G2V method and see what happens.

The Thing

Kenny

RobertM

Ok, this is the G2V calibrated version.  Much happier with this though it still has many warts including a nasty dust bunny.

Half size: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8811/18240782722_6fa4934092_k.jpg

Robert

Carole

Really like the latest calibrated version, the colours are better and it's got a sort of hazy glow in places.

Carole

JohnP

RobertM

Thanks all.

Quote from: Carole on May 29, 2015, 22:44:02
Really like the latest calibrated version, the colours are better and it's got a sort of hazy glow in places.

Carole
Thanks Carole.
I believe there is some faint reflection nebula in the area so maybe that's the hazy glow.

julian

RobertM

MarkS

That's looking excellent Robert - though I'm unable to see it full size because ADSL performance at Virgin Media is dire at the moment - some ongoing server issue apparently.  It took 5 attempts just to see the versions you posted inline in the thread.

The G2V calibrated version looks the best but I would have been tempted to boost the saturation a bit. 

Mark

RobertM

Thanks Mark, saturation is something I still need to get to grips with.

Hope your broadband gets sorted quickly.