• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC May 15 - 17 (or longer if you wish)

Started by Carole, Apr 30, 2015, 21:50:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

With the imminent moving of the Website and it being only 2 weeks away, I thought I'd better get started on this. 
Please check your posts haven't got lost in the move.

It appears that Cairds Campsite is available including the Glamping POD.

So who would like to go?

Carole

Fay

I will go if I have not had the call from the hospital, and would like the pod
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

when you say longer, what dates would be considered and obviously last minute booking
so i can book days off depending on cloud cover/weather....

roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

RobertM

Carole

Quotewhen you say longer, what dates would be considered and obviously last minute booking
so i can book days off depending on cloud cover/weather....
It's entirely up to you Roger.  I just wanted to say that you don't have to go on the Friday and come home on the Sunday/Monday if the weather is good and you wanted to (pitch availability dependent of course).

I sometimes go early/stay late and Fay has done so in the past as well if the weather forecast is good, but then we are retired and are more flexible.

Carole

Ivor

Alas this is the weekend of my 50 mile race(http://www.centurionrunning.com/north-downs-way-50-2015/), might try and pop down on Sunday to say hi if I can move.

Carole

Long range weather forecast is looking good for Saturday next week on my favourite weather site yr.no  but we all know you can't rely on long range weather forecasts.

It would be great to get at least one clear evening next weekend. 

So far the following people are interested:
Fay (already booked the Glamping POD I believe)
Carole
Mike & Petra
Roger?

Can't go:
Ivor
Robert

No-one else has replied. 

Carole

MarkS

I'm planning to come - with the modded Sony A7S :)

Mark

Fay

Oh good Mark. I will be there,hopefully
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Great, added to the list.  It will be good to try out Cairds as a DSC venue and the chances of getting it over the summer months are pretty small due to the size of the camp and summer bookings.   They have been extending the camping field into the allotment which will help a little.  Not sure if it's ready for use yet though. 

Fay (already booked the Glamping POD I believe)
Carole
Mike & Petra
Roger?
Mark

Can't go:
Ivor
Robert

Sue

Cannot make it this month. Would love to join in the DSCs again -  hope to start once Roy has retired!

julian

I'm in.
Been away this weekend.

Julian :lol:

Mac

Is cairds the one below bewl water?

Mac.

RobertM