• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moving the websites — Fri May 1st - Mon May 4th, 2015

Started by Rick, Apr 30, 2015, 19:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

At some point in the next few days I'll be moving the OAS websites to a new server. I apologise in advance if there's a break in service. I'll get the sites up on the new server as quickly as I can.

Please avoid adding images to the gallery or updating the main website until the move is complete.

Feel free to keep using the forum. I'll post a warning when I've taken the backup I intend to copy to the new server. Posts made after that warning won't survive...

Thanks.

Rick

Ok. Let's try that again...

I hope all the OAS sites are now properly transferred and working on the new server.

If you spot any problems, please report them using one of the following methods:

Carole

That was a very speedy move Rick, no sooner than the decision than the action.
Seems to be working OK.

Carole

Kenny

MarkS

ApophisAstros

Really fast and only on a tablet tethering through my Experia phone as well.
Good job rick
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mike

Yes it does seem a lot faster. But then it's early days and the cache will be clean. Let's see what it is like over time. Very quick transfer Rick!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Miriam

Thank you, Rick,  for getting this done so quickly and efficiently.
:P

julian

Thanks for keeping the website up and running Rick.

Rick

You're welcome. (Mind, I'm hoping changing hosts isn't going to happen too often... ;)

RobertM

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!