• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Leo Triplet, 2015-04-13 00:30, Manche

Started by The Thing, Apr 29, 2015, 16:44:55

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   LX90 8" UHTC, Baader Alan Gee II Telecompressor, HEQ5 (bearings replaced and belt mod)
Camera and filters used:   1000D Modded, IDAS LPS-D1 clip filter, 15x300s @iso800
Processing applied:   DSS, CS2

I have a lot more subs from the previous night but the colour balance is way off for some reason and I can't seem to correct it.

Kenny

Fantastic image Duncan. You have FAR too much dark sky time on your hands.  :lol:

The Thing

This was just a quicky to check my setup is perfect :gaffer::chase::unicorn:  ;). Trouble is the moles :elephant: keep undermining the tripod legs and the neighbours donkey :donkey: just laughs at me trying to polar align as it sinks. It'll be a next year before I have a pier installed at this rate, bloomin' builders :pirate: :wall:.

RachelC

Flipping gorgeous Duncan. Not jealous at all...not one little bit!  :lol:

MarkH

That's great Duncan, any idea what causes the fuzziness around the largest star?

The Thing

MarkH

Carole

Some good detail in this Duncan.

QuoteI think it's a galaxy!
No it's a star - Stellarium calls it HIP55262
Magnitude 7.10

Carole

MarkS

That's a really nice result - well done!

Mark

JohnP

That looks excellent Duncan - nice to see you posting up some more deep sky stuff of late...  - John

Carole

Quotenice to see you posting up some more deep sky stuff of late
Yes, I think Duncan is enjoying his regular dark skies.

Carole

Fay

Really nice triplet Duncan, you are getting spoilt over there!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!