• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

ACDC Power Supply?

Started by ApophisAstros, Mar 28, 2015, 16:17:45

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Just picked up the Meade 105 goto scope from the society equipment but alas no power supply.
i already have a charger ..pic above and assume this would be ok to use
appreciate any advice on this...

rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkH

It depends on the current rating is on the charger my Meade psu is rated at 5 amps  which is a fair bit, if you try and draw more than its rated at you'll probably burn it out.  :-?

ApophisAstros

this adapter is rated at 5 amp..

rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

You'll only need a couple of amps for that scope. Be very careful about voltage and polarity, many a mount has died from having too much juice fed in backwards. There is no protection in the mount. Fay's the expert on the bad effects ;)

ApophisAstros

probably get this from amazon after checking with comitee that its 100% ok
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008JCBO1A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=13V6U13GW9SHB&coliid=I2UQH8G6RQPS6V

seems to tick all the boxes

rog

Mike

That is extremely expensive for a 12v power supply.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

gonna make other arrangements  i think...

rog

The Thing

I use an old PC power supply. and new ones aren't expensive.

Mac

i'll have a look and see if i can find my old meade PSU,
Its in the garage somewhere.

Mac.

ApophisAstros

Kenny

FYI. I've been using the Maplins Multi Voltage AC Adaptor (£9.99) with the HEQ5 Pro mount when running using mains.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-6w-smps-acdc-multi-voltage-power-supply-xx09k