• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 20 - 22nd March

Started by Carole, Mar 04, 2015, 20:17:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Sorry to start this so early, but I am going on holiday next week and will be away for DSC, so thought I'd get the thread started to find out who is going and where every-one wants to go so I can at least make some enquiries/provisional booking. 

So who would like to go and where do you want to go?

Carole

julian

I like to go and don't care where. as long as I can go in the van.

Fay

I would like Cairds as I have a dodgy leg
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Peter at Cairds intimated that we could go there in March (i.e. he was not booked up).

I'll check if that is still the situation.

Carole

Fay

ive had this pulled muscle, or whatever, for about 9 weeks, off to doctor again tomorrow, im trying not to aggravate it too much, in case i never get it better

Mike

I'm up for it. Anywhere.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kenny

I'm a maybe, but think I need to stop procrastinating and just bl**dy go. I want a hookup though. Other than that, anywhere dark and dry.

Carole

I have sent a message to Cairds asking for condition of the ground, and availability including the glamping Pod for Fay.

I think since some of you would like to try out this camp this would be the time to try it out, as he gets too booked up during the summer months.  We can then go to Running Waters during the summer. 

Could some-one volunteer to finalise the booking wherever you go in my absence please. 

We always go to camps with Hook up these days Kenny. 

Carole

Carole

Reply from Cairds:

QuoteThose dates will be fine and the Pod will be available for then as well. Ground is still wet in places but improving with this better weather.

So would you like to try Cairds this month as you might not get a chance again until the autumn?
Maybe having to leave cars in the car park if the ground hasn't dried sufficiently.

Carole

Fay

Thanks Carole, that is great as long as everyone else is ok as well

The Thing

Carole

So far.

Fay (Glamping Pod)
Julian (Van)
Mike and Petra
Kenny
Duncan

I presume every-one is OK with Cairds.

Carole

RobertM

It's a probably from me depending on the weather.

Carole

OK

Fay (Glamping Pod)
Julian (Van)
Mike and Petra
Kenny
Duncan
Robert (probable)

All weather dependent.

MarkS

I intend to be there.  But Saturday evening I will likely be out at the AAS Stargazing Live public event.