• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 20 - 22nd March

Started by Carole, Mar 04, 2015, 20:17:21

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

It's not looking good, we'll have to make a decision.

What are people's thoughts ?

Robert

Mike

I agree it's looking pretty ropey at the moment.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

I don't know what forecasts you lot are using but Meteoblue and ClearOutside show Friday as being good and clear down to 1C. Saturday not so enticing but who knows. Certainly no wind or rain. Are you sure you are looking at the right location!

And YR.NO, Carole's favourite is in the same ballpark. http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Ticehurst~2635862/

Kenny

I'm pulling out of this one.

The Thing

Robert and I are still up for it. Who else? We'll forget what fun a DSC can be if we don't man up a bit.

RobertM

Unfortunately Fay is a bit poorly and won't be able to attend DSC this weekend so if anyone is relying on her for anything please then let me know.

For those interested, Friday is looking like it might be ok, Saturday the opposite at the moment.

Robert

julian

MarkS

Sorry - I'm going to stay at home in the warm. 
I'm not 100% well yet and don't want a relapse.

Have a good time.

Mark

ApophisAstros

id like to go still as i am borrowing a meade ETX 105 from Oas equipment, when would everyone still going arrive?

roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

I'll be there around 4-5, Robert about 7:30.

julian

I'm booked in. Be there when I can.

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

The Thing

looking good at Cairds. Cloud free and geting nippy.

Mike

I've only just got home from work so i'm going to give it a miss. By the time I get everything out of the garage, pack the car, drive down and set up it will be after the clouds roll in anyway.

Hope you have a good night !!

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan