• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Re: Observing Evenings, Imaging Sessions & Deep Sky Camps 2015

Started by ApophisAstros, Mar 22, 2015, 19:14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

how come the date at the top of this thread is 2013?
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mac

is it worth splitting this thread, so that the imaging dates are a sticky and then the second posting is a link to the rest of this thread,
otherwise its going to end up as a large post and the original dates will not be seen.

Mac.

Mike

I'm not sure what you mean Mac. The first post is the entire set of imaging, observing and DSC dates for the whole year. I edit that post accordingly so it is always up to date.

Quotehow come the date at the top of this thread is 2013?
roger

Roger, because it has been an ongoing live edited post since 2013.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Mac, it also depends if you have your forum settings to show the latest post first or in chronological order. I prefer it in chronological order personally.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

i think you have missed what i ment, what i mean is when this tread is about 15 pages long, no one is going to see the original page without going back, ect,
If you split this thread in to two threads, one with the dates as a sticky so that you can always go straight to the dates which can be updated ect in one place and will always be on the top, and add a link on that posting to this, the discussion part of it, ie the bit thats going to get longer.

QuoteMac, it also depends if you have your forum settings to show the latest post first or in chronological order. I prefer it in chronological order personally.
That wont make any difference to what i was trying to explain.

Mac.

Rick

Thread split. TBH until it hits multiple pages there really isn't any point, as scroll up (or down if you're that way inclined) does the job just fine, but split anyway.