• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

request for help reinstalling windows 8 pro

Started by ApophisAstros, Feb 26, 2015, 18:21:25

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Anybody have a CDROM which I could borrow to reinstall windows as I bought a key but no backup in 2012
For window 8.1 pro 64 bit , had a hard drive die on me.
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

RobertM

I have almost the same problem, I'd like to do a clean install but Microsoft don't allow downloads any more, they took all the ISO images offline in early Feb ... Grrrrr !!

<rant>It's absolutely terrible that they treat customers that way.  It is possible to download an ISO image but only if you have a retail copy.  If bought from a reseller like Dell, HP etc then you're stuffed until the next version comes out !<\rant>

Robert

Mike

Just get it off a torrent site. If you've paid for a licence you're not breaking any laws.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

No go mike virgin media block em all...
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Klitos

I have an ISO file for Windows 8.1 with Update, 64-bit, but I'm not sure if it's the plain or the Pro edition that I have. I downloaded from my old and now expired MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) subscription, so can't check which one it is. If it's the wrong edition, your licence key won't work. But you'll only find out after you've installed it and wasted an hour of your time. If you think it's worth the risk, I can bring it to the next observing evening.