• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 20 - 22 Feb 2015

Started by Carole, Feb 06, 2015, 08:50:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

It's a very small field Mark.

This is a photo of the field taken from the car park fence.
Below it is an aerial view.  As you can see you can only get around half a dozen pitches each side.

I've marked the two hook up points, I think there are 4 sockets on each.
The Glamping pod is where the two cars are on the left.

If those who camp pitch between the hook up on the right and the toilets, then we should be quite close and not far to move stuff from the car.

Link to the site for further info.
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=10001
Carole

Carole

Just checked the prices at Cairds and this is his reply:

QuoteThose dates are fine.
The charge for tents is £10 per night including electric. Motor caravans and caravans are £12 per night including electric. The clamping pod is £45 per night and is available.

Carole

ApophisAstros

will there be enough electric hookup points for all carole?
not sure whos definitely going/booked ?

roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

There will be 8 hook up points in total (4 on each post), I have a splitter so I won't be taking up two points with the camper.  If any-one else has a splitter can they please bring it.

I think the POD also has power. 

I am going away this morning until Thursday afternoon and might have access to internet now and then.  Then I am away again Sunday to Monday/Tuesday which is why I wanted to get this thread started beforehand.

Talk amongst yourselves.  I have sent Fay the E mail address of the owner if any-one needs to E mail him, he's pretty quick at replying.  I don't like to put it on here.

Carole

Rick

I've set the DSC location to Cairds on the main website. Please check it looks sensible there. Thanks.

Carole

That looks fine Rick, thanks.

It is however reasonably important to know how many people are likely to attend in case we need to park in the car park.  If we get too many people, then some will have to park in the field, but only do so if you have a tow bar (just in case it's needed). 

I did a big detour today in coming back from the Kent coast and went to Cairds to see for myself. 

The ground is obviously not dry but it is fairly firm, and they said if it doesn't rain between now and DSC then we could probably even park vehicles on the field. 

However if we are parking in the car park, we should not block the gate to the NE end of the car park see the aerial map further back, and the two campervans should park along side the Glamping POD (and they will move the bins).

So fingers crossed for a clear weekend and no rain beforehand. 

Carole

Carole

I have listed to come:

Mark
Robert
Julian
Me
Fay (maybe)
Kenny (Evening visit only)
Mike and Petra (Maybe)
Roger ??

Kenny

I'm a "No" now for staying over as have got myself a place on an astrophotography workshop with Astronomia on the Saturday but I may still pop over for an evening visit.

Fay

Theres no flies on you Kenny, always up to something!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

I will be in Stratford upon Avon that weekend so it's an unfortunate pass from me.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

Robert

MarkS

Mark, Julian, Carole then ...

Carole

..... and a few maybes. 

Mark I just drove almost past your place today towards Cairds and Satnav said it was around 38 miles from High Halden. 

Carole

Mike

I'm still a maybe. Petra says it is too cold but i'm still on unless something crops up. I will travel light and just bring observing kit though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

ApophisAstros

definitely not as away at ma` n pas`..
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Mark
Julian
Me
Fay (maybe)
Kenny (Evening visit only)
Mike (Maybe)