• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing tonight?

Started by Kenny, Feb 08, 2015, 14:28:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

It looks like it might be clear this evening. I know it's a school night but does anyone fancy going out?

http://www.metcheck.com/HOBBIES/astronomy_forecast.asp?LocationID=3671

ApophisAstros

where do you want to go?
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Kenny

Depends who's interested but either Otford Rec or Cudham, unless MarkH wants to invite us to the Rising Sun again.

MarkH

I will be at the Rising Sun tonight and you're always  welcome to join me. I will be able to join you for some observing but I may have to dedicate some time meeting with an ex neighbour on some legal business. Just calming down after being out driving my new Porsche.  :D

Mike

Sunday is a school night?!?! I'm confused.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kenny

Quote from: Mike on Feb 08, 2015, 17:59:08
Sunday is a school night?!?! I'm confused.
School / work next day.

ApophisAstros

always go truant...lol
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkH

Doh..... just realised guys I'll be gone by 9.00 pm the other half of the Guy Martin India program is on tonight and I haven't set to record. Sorry!!!!!  :oops:

ApophisAstros

MarkH

If you mean I player type thing I've never managed to get it to work.  :-? Maybe its me. Maybe that's why I can't get any of this imaging and processing to work. :lol: :lol:

Kenny

I'm aiming for 9:30 at the Blacksmith Arms, Cudham, with Roger if anyone else is interested.

ApophisAstros

brilliant by far best observing since i joined o a s, orion nebula and jupiter with detail and MOONS! and a globular cluster too!
skywatscher 1145p newtonian.

thanks again

rog.