• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 2264 Christmas Tree and Cone 240115

Started by Fay, Jan 25, 2015, 15:36:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I realise I cannot do widefield from the garden any more, so last night, i switched setup, quite late,  i am pleased that I think i will be able to get a better version and line it up better, i had a bit of tree at the top and so had to balance the image out. it is quite a wait for this to come out of the trees so I did waste a lot of time waiting. lot more subs needed

11x900, QSI 583ws, 5nm ha, SWED80, 0.85 fr.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Kenny

Awesome picture Fay. I'm still stunned images of this sort of quality can be done from a garden in Sarf London.

Carole

Great image Fay.

I can't seem to get anything decent on this object from Bromley even with a faster scope. 

Carole

Fay

Thanks Kenny. i think its quite feint, Carole. i was surprised to get what I did, although bit noisy and need more.

you are doing very well kenny, a sudden spirt!!!!!!

MarkS

Excellent Fay!  Lot's of subtle detail there.

Mark

Fay

RobertM

That's coming along nicely Fay, some more subs would quell the noise and make it easier to process.  BTW did you sharpen it (some stars have rings around them) ?

Edit - the rings could be JPEG artifacts ...

Robert

Mac

Fay

Thanks Mac. i should be out there tonight, but it is not pleasant out there and could be a waste of time putting everything up & taking it all down again!!!

The Thing

Quote from: Fay on Feb 01, 2015, 22:30:14
Thanks Mac. i should be out there tonight, but it is not pleasant out there and could be a waste of time putting everything up & taking it all down again!!!
It was lovely out there - cold, crisp, no dew, sparkly stars. I was out until 2:30 shooting Jupiter (Io and shadow with GRS on the face all at once!). Wuss.

Kenny

Er. I read Fay's post last night, checked it was still clear... then also wussed out.

Fay