• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening/Social Night - Tuesday 16th June

Started by Mike, Jun 15, 2015, 22:12:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget folks that it is an Observing/Social Evening tomorrow night (Tuesday 16th).

Meet up at the Change of Horses from 8:00pm onwards and (weather permitting) we will move onto the field later on or stay in the pub for a drink and a chat.

The forecast says there is a possibility of some clear sky but it will not get dark till after around 10pm anyway.

See you then.

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JonC

Hope to make it for a quick visit tonight, mainly for a chat about the weekend.

Cheers

Jon

Mike

Look forwarding to meeting you Jon (if we haven't already met?).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JonC

Had to leg it back to work, so will not make it tonight. On the plus side have 5 of those power supplies now. Will hopefully meet up at the weekend.

Mike

Shame Jon. You missed a good night. It was clear too !! We saw Saturn, Jupiter and Venus, Arcturus, Vega and also had a pass of the ISS at 22:38.

Never mind, i'll see you at DSC if you're going.

Fay

Glad you had the rare opportunity to do some observing. i was preparing to come myself last night, but suddenly got a bit tired, hope to see you saturday for a visit 
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!