• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Orion using a StarAdventurer mount (in Normandy 14 Jan 2015 01:10)

Started by The Thing, Jan 14, 2015, 21:11:52

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Orion.
Taken in 50560 France, Canon 1000Da, IDAS LPS-D1, Nikon 28-80 Kit lens at 50mm f4, StarAdventurer (unguided). Single 300s frame. Tweaked in LightZone.

I would have taken more shots but I was trying to use APT in client/server synched exposures mode where it runs two or more cameras. APT crashed and now won't start. Worked fine indoors earlier.

Orion_50560_L_0053_ISO800_300s__11C on Fluckr

MarkS

I can just see Barnard's Loop!  That's good going for a single exposure.  If you want to get rid of the aberrations you'll need to stop it down a bit more though.

Mark

The Thing

This was taken using an old Nikon kit lens, it was first light for this one aand I think it may not be used again. It's pants.

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
This was taken using an old Nikon kit lens, it was first light for this one aand I think it may not be used again. It's pants.

Well I wasn't going to be quite that blunt!

Carole

You got the start of Barnards loop, well done Duncan.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
You got the start of Barnards loop, well done Duncan.

Actually I reckon he's captured all of it.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

Nice - how can I see the full size view...cant see option on flicker page..

The Thing

Quote from: JohnP on Jan 15, 2015, 10:00:28
Nice - how can I see the full size view...cant see option on flicker page..
Neither can I! When I started using Flickr a few weeks ago it was easy, now it seems to be putting obstacles up.

The Thing

It appears the Flukrs have changed stuff to make it very hard to get to your original sized image, I have hacked the BBCode that Flukr  generates so it should work now. There are a lot of complaints from professional photographers on their forum - a lot of them store and distribute originals using the Flukr'ing site so are a bit peessed off.

Carole

QuoteYou got the start of Barnards loop, well done Duncan.

Sorry I worded that ambiguously, what I meant was it was starting to show through.

Carole

RobertM

If you want to see the full size in Flickr then click the 'download this photo' icon (lower right of picture) then 'view all sizes'.  That takes you back to the screen with all the sizes.

Robert

JohnP

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
QuoteYou got the start of Barnards loop, well done Duncan.

Sorry I worded that ambiguously, what I meant was it was starting to show through.

I was just winding you up  :cheesy:

Carole