• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Santa Claus flypast 17:24 Christmas Eve ;)

Started by MarkS, Dec 24, 2014, 06:29:27

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Weather forecast is looking good, so the Santa Claus flypast will be visible in the area at 17:24 GMT Christmas Eve.  So you (and the little children) should be observing from 17:22 GMT (or earlier, depending on the attention span of the kids).  He'll be flying 250 miles high at 17,000 mph so you won't see much sleigh/reindeer detail.  Rising in the West, max altitude 45 degrees in the SSW and setting in the SE.  Magnitude -2.4

Ground track is here:
http://heavens-above.com/gtrack.aspx?satid=25544&mjd=57015.7249887037&lat=51.0694&lng=0.6891&loc=Tenterden&alt=61&tz=GMT

Happy Christmas!!

Mark

The Thing

Thanks Mark, will have to make sure the fires out so he can get down the chimney.

Carole

Daughter informed so she can show my younger grandson who still believes in Santa Claus.  The littlest one is too small to understand but at 22 months she is obsessed with stars and the Moon, also fireworks!!!  Gonna take her to the Hayes Lane Xmas light display over the Christmas.

Carole

Tony G

When is he coming back as he has forgotten to leave the presents.  :(

Tony G

I do believe, I do believe, I do believe.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

I had Holly & Jake and Matt & Esme out in their garden to watch Santa flypast.

thing is we kept getting muddled first telling them it was Santa then the ISS!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!