• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Dew

Started by MarkH, Nov 30, 2014, 13:11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkH

Well we had our star party last night despite quite heavy fog coming and going periodically. The homemade dew heater and dew sheild held up with no condensation on the lens at all. However, when we packed up absolutely everything was seriously suturated. I wondered how you guys got on down in ashford at Marks, was it a similar situation?

Carole

Yes it was very wet last night at Marks, those of us who had dew heaters were OK with the scopes, but everything else was wet.  I carried my astro chair indoors every time I came in to prevent it being soaking wet next time I sat on it by the scope.

Also foggy, but the Zenith, and East wasn't too bad, it sort of came and went, and came and went.

Carole

MarkH

We had quite a lot of people complaining of wet feet and the grass was quite short. What was it like inside the observatory?

MarkS

Quote from: MarkH
We had quite a lot of people complaining of wet feet and the grass was quite short. What was it like inside the observatory?

Very damp but no grass (at least not inside the observatory!)