• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening - Tuesday 12th February 2013

Started by Mike, Feb 12, 2013, 18:44:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Just a reminder that we have an Observing Session tonight . Meet at the Change of Horses pub, Farnborough High Street, BR6 7BB from 19:15 and we will then move onto the field to set up (weather permitting). Alternatively just come straight to the field (weather permitting we will be there).

If anyone doesn't want to come to the pub but wants to come join us at the field then please do so. If you want my mobile number to check if we are up there yet or not then send me a Private Message on here and I will send it to you. Otherwise just go to the pub first, see if we are there or not and then go up to the field.

Weather forecast isn't looking promising so this one is likely to be a social night in the pub.

See you there!

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Les R

Is it still on (weather permitting) for Fri 8th March?

I've gotta get this telescope working / understand how to get it set up one day!  :lol:

Mike

Yep we will always be in the pub no matter what the weather.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Mike,

Are you sure you're in the pub for an imaging session (8th March)
Won't all those wires and scopes get in the way of getting to the bar.  :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

The Imaging Session is on the 8th. The 12th is an Observing Evening.

Don't worry, we don't let ANYTHING impede our route to the bar ;)

Mike

Ahh I see. Les confused me by mentioning an imaging session in an observing evening post. Yes the imaging session is still on Les. It always carries on regardless of the weather.