• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC410 and 405 Auriga 201111

Started by Fay, Nov 20, 2011, 15:39:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

On a very dewy night, this was 12x900, QSI/Leitz @ F3.4. I was going to try some OIII but at 1am, the flat panel decided not to work, dont know if it has just died or what. Had to dig out my old light box & hold the lens inside, as it is too small for the aperture.  Shame. I thought it was the batteries, so got out some more, got a bit muddled & dont know which are the new ones & which ones the old!!!!!!

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

looking good.

its a tad annoying that the couple of nights i've had off, its been a pea souper.  :!

Mac.

Fay

Thanks Mac, my sky was not too bad, very nice in the early hours, but I have to choose my subject well because all the trees are in the way

PhilB

Very nice, Fay. But a bit big to fit fully on my screen!
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

well I was told to put the full size on, but it get s difficult to see Phil. I think I will take it off & put a smaller one

You can see it now

mickw

QuoteI was told to put the full size on

Fay you could post the normal size image like you have above, then just add a link to the full sized version for those that want to see the jumbo version

Very nice images by the way
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

JohnP

QuoteFay you could post the normal size image like you have above, then just add a link to the full sized version for those that want to see the jumbo version

Exactly.... I always like to see full size (warts & all)

Nice image by the way Fay - lots of background stuff starting to show through.

John

Fay

thanks, ok will start to do that

julian

Carole

Very nice Fay, that QSI is giving some really good results.

Carole

Fay

MarkS

Another excellent image Fay. 
If I didn't know that you were the imager I would have guessed it was one of Robert's!

That QSI/Leitz combination is quite a formidable combination - good optics at a very fast F-ratio (at least in astro-imaging terms) - it certainly gives a very interesting and useful field of view.

Mark

Fay

Dont upset Robert, Mark   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:but that is very kind of you thanks