• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session March 2011

Started by Carole, Feb 27, 2011, 14:46:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

The next Imaging session is at my house on Friday 25th March at 8pm.

Can I have suggestions for things people would like demonstrated and I will try to organise if possible.

You are of course welcome to bring your equipment and image should a miracle happen and we get clear skies.

Carole

Carole

Can I get some idea of who is coming on Friday.  As I have had no suggestions, if no imaging is possible I plan to demonstrate some post-processing.

If it looks like the skies will be clear, please bring your imaging kit and extension leads.

Thanks
Carole

RobertM

Sorry Carole other commitments mean I won't be able to attend this Friday.

Carole

Thanks for letting me know Robert.

Carole

MarkS

I won't be able to make it - you'll find me in some corner of my house, packing boxes.  Just 10 days to go  :o

Carole

OK Mark, thanks again for letting me know.
QuoteJust 10 days to go
Exciting.

Carole

Mike

I'll be there Carole. I believe Doug and Rose are also coming.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Doug
Rose
Mike (is Cris coming too?)
Yvonne
Paul
Another at 9pm forget his name, sorry

I'll cater for six then.  If any-one else is coming let me know.
Looks like it's going to be possible to do some imaging, so we can use my kit I've got two mounts.
Also can use my ETX for observing.

I've got the processing we can do as well which won't take too long, and Doug wants a demo on Registax.

Carole

Mike

Carole, no it will be just me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Mike see EMail a few bits I was hoping you might be able to bring.

Ta

carole

doug

Thanks for your hospitality last night.  Interesting and informative, Carole.

Doug.   :)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Thanks Doug,

Shame it clouded over but at least we got a few things done and Yvonne and Paul got to see Saturn through the haze.

Carole

Mike

Thanks Carole. Interesting night.

Carole

Thanks Mike, I hope you found the video on High Pass filter and star mask interesting.

Carole