• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon at Oxted

Started by doug, Nov 17, 2010, 09:42:30

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Trying to put a photo of the moon taken at the Oxted school outreach on Tuesday.  Lets hope it works.

[/url]
Oxted school visit 2010 008 by duganrose, on Flickr[/img]

I don`t know yet how to just put the image, and not the rest of the Flickr page ............  live and learn.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Thanks, Mike  :D

But HOW did you get rid of the crap??????????

Mike

Just right click on the image and copy the URL. Then paste that between the image tags.

Or do what Rick said.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Doug,

That's a great picture!  You must be proud of it.

What technique did you use to take it?

Mark

Mac

when you use flicker select your image goto actions and then view all sizes

select the size of image you want

Ive' selected your large one. ;)

then right mouse click on the image and select copy image URL

once you have done that click on the insert image above so you get the following code.
[img][/img]

then inside that code paste your image link.
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4126/5183558241_595818647f_b.jpg[/img]

and you get the following

Mike

It's a pretty good image. The exposure looks good as the light parts are not washed out. A slight tweak of the brightness and contracts settings should make a big improvement and maybe an small amount of unsharp mask too.

Carole

I was there too and Doug was using a little hand held digital camera through the eyepiece.  I think it was through either David Price or Ken's ETX.

Not bad for a handheld camera through the eyepiece, it's very difficult to get the object straight.

Carole

doug

Another moon shot ....... although I think I may have wobbled a bit on this one.  Still ...............................

doug

Jim and his `scope ... demonstrating ....

Mike

I bet they swore at you when that flash went off.