• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tulip and Crescent Nebula Widefield

Started by RobertM, Jun 17, 2010, 22:40:36

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I'm not quite sure what happened here as the camera drifted quite a bit during the session.

These two look like they're in a dance around the dark part near the center, kind of strange the way it's worked out!

From the imaging run last night I managed to get 19 x 600s of almost usable subs so here it is:

Link to full res: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4070/4709490737_cc7996267f_o.jpg

Annotated version:

Capture details:
Exposure: 19 x 10min
Filter: Baader Ha 7nm passband
Camera: Finger Lakes ML 8300
Optics: Canon 200L lens@f/3.2
Conditions: Clear with quite a bit of sky glow.
Date: 16/06/2010
Guiding: None

TFL
Robert

MarkS

Very nice Robert!  Conditions were really good that night for around here and you've clearly taken advantage of them.  Your image goes pretty deep.   I love all the "waves" in the background.

On the annotated version, why doesn't the Tulip have a reference?  And does Do4 have a more familar name?

Mark

RobertM

Thanks Mark.  I used MaximDL for the overlay but it gives less detail when zoomed out; I'll see if I can stitch together a closer version which shows the Tulip designation, from memory I believe it's a Sharpless object.  I'll also check out Do4, I'm sure some American has given it a name somewhere ;)

Robert

Fay

Great Robert, very nice......guiding= none!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!