• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Session - Tuesday 15th June

Started by Mike, Jun 14, 2010, 10:44:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget we have an Observing Session tomorrow. Meet at the Change of Horses from 8:15pm onwards. If it is clear we move onto the field.

Weather forecast for tomorrow night looks good so bring your scope or binoculars along. Don't forget it gets cold so bring  a chair, warm clothing and a flask of hot drink too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

..and some gloves and bobble hats and scarves and snow boots and ski pants.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Weather forecast for tonight looks excellent. if you are not going to the Observing Session then definitely get your kit out to do some imaging.

Mike

It was a really good night tonight. Clear the whole night. I've only just got home (00:23am)

mickw

At last - Observing on an Observing Session  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

Yup, and it was nice to get a 'scope under a sky somewhat better than is usually served up in my locality. Got home around 01:00. Good job it wasn't a Friday - I would have kept going until sun-up
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein