• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Shire Lane Road Closure

Started by Ian, May 20, 2010, 23:03:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Hugh Alford has noticed signs have been put up around Shire Lane that it will be closed for resurfacing the week of our next meeting. Diversions will be in place (I'll leave it your judgement whether to believe them or not).

I would leave extra time to get to the meeting next week, particularly if coming from the A21 side, as the diversion may well be long.

Thanks Hugh.

Ian

doug

Rose and I happened to be up at the BEECHE having a much needed ice cream and I thought ........................

.............. why don`t I enquire what is happening when the road works have shut Shire Lane.  I spoke to a Ranger who said that somebody in charge will phone me and let us know what is happening.  Directly I hear anything I will post it under this heading.   I suppose it`s a bit of a cheek me doing this, but we were up at BEECHE. 

Hope this is okay with all the officers in charge ......

Rose and Doug. :cheesy:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

Gas moles. They are everywhere!

mickw

Rug and Dose,
You are committee members, it's your duty to do stuff.
If you do not come up with a satisfactory explanation, you will be punished.

I will be having a quiet beer and monitoring the proceedings
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Having just been to investigate Shire Lane ......................

and there was no problem getting into the BEECHE center.

Whoopee !!!!!!!!!   :D

See you there, Rug and Dose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional