• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M82/M82 and IFN

Started by RobertM, Apr 19, 2010, 21:20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

This is the M81/M82 area as a widefield showing the Integrated Flux Nebula.  The IFN is a vast sea of nebulosity at high galactic altitudes that's illuminated by the combined light of stars in the Milky way.  This is just a first cut and I hope to get a better image out when I have more time.

Details: FLI ML8300/Canon 200L@f3.2, 57 x 300s and binned 2x2 in MaximDL

Here' the link to the full size version: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4535306449_e6bfb34cae_o.jpg

Rocket Pooch

I like that, me and Mac were looking at examples of it on Saturday, cool isn't it.

RobertM

Yep, certainly makes it more interesting but it really needs a combination of 10min and 3 min subs plus a lot more of them to get it right.

MarkS

I like that.  I had really never heard of the IFN until you mentioned it just before Kelling.  I'm surprised by how much you managed to capture.  Very nice.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

RobertM

Hmmm, yes I did see that one.  He's really pushed the data to the limit (and maybe a bit beyond) ... mine may not be quite that good  :(

Fay

Robert that is great!!! Nearly fainted when I saw the other one, thought Chris had done it!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!