• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Chris Lintott meeting

Started by Fay, Sep 25, 2009, 08:22:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I really enjoyed Chris's talk, last night, very interesting.

I also think that Mike & Jim always do such a good job at the meetings, and we forget about everyone else behind the scenes that keep things running like clockwork.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Totally agree, great talk and I even understood some of it  8)

Mike and Jim who ?  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

I've put a brief report on the website. Anyone care to expand it or write an additional one? If so, please send me copy by email or PM. Thanks.

Mike

One of the best talks we've ever had in my opinion. Very informative, deep but still understandable and good complimentary use of visuals.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Agree with Mike he has an excellent presentation skill - gets the deep points across but in an understandable way. Luke also thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done for organizing I am more than happy to have paid my years subscription just to see that talk alone... :-) Just need to line up Brian May & Sir Patrick next.......

Nice one,  John

Ian

I totally agree. Chris should try and get on the telly.

Question is though, where was everybody? We had more peeps last month...

I didn't think that many regulars hadn't paid their subs :P

Tony G

I was turning people away on Wednesday night & Thursday afternoon, telling them that it was postponed, and was being held at Beeche next Tuesday  :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is the knitting class for beginners on Tuesday, so that should upset a few of them, but also increase the crowd at the knitting class,  :cry: It does get lonely there.  :oops:

Tony G

PS .................. Great presentation by Chris, and he is a lot taller than on the telly.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Oi it doesn't get that lonely   :-?

Where's my needles ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!