• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mammoth imaging sesh, including one that took me by suprise

Started by Daniel, Jul 26, 2009, 15:58:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, must say its great to finally get some time under relatively clear skies with a newly collimated Hyperstar.

I took these (except the M31) last night, was very suprised I managed to get the Triffid nebula, although there's no way i could get anything lower than this as half of this image was blocked by fence, I think about 1/10th of the apperture was actually gathering any light. I may have to re-stack Triffid as I think a few bad subs sneaked in there (bit of stretching on some stars)

I've also tacked on a re-process of the M31 image from yesterday, this has a better black point and hopefully reveals more of the outer detail as well as getting rid of the colour gradients

Anyway, details are :-

All images taken with Hyperstar on C14 with Canon 40D

Alberio - 19x25s ISO 640

M16 - 49x60s ISO 320

Triffid - 24x60s ISO 320

M31 - 60x90s ISO 320

Flats and Darks Applied to all

Daniel
:O)

RobertM

Crikey Daniel, I'd like to see what you could do under a dark site !

Daniel

Oh to take the hyperstar to a dark site, the one thing it suffers with are heavy gradients, if I could go much longer without those gradients the depth of the images could be incredible.

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

Daniel,

To get that lot in one night is incredible - that's about 6 month's worth of imaging!  I love that Eagle Nebula.

To think you are doing all that with a DSLR from a heavily light polluted site.  You really must get that kit to a dark site - you would get some stunning images.

Well done.

Mark

JohnP

Rocket Pooch

Fay

They are really good, Daniel, hope you don't get bored, as you will have taken every subject you can, with a few good nights!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Flippin' heck, what a session that was, and what fantastic results as well.

Carole