• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 60x90s ISO 320 C14 with Hyperstar

Started by Daniel, Jul 25, 2009, 11:08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi all, FINALLY got something out of the hyperstar last night, been fighting with some collimation issues, but last night managed to get round stars all the way across the field.

This is a sort of mid way process as I still have to sort out a few things (gradients, banding etc) but im relatively happy here since I was all set to call it a night and this was taken late in the day as the sun was coming up.

Anyway, here it is

Daniel
:O)

Carole

Wow Daniel, lots of detail there, slightly blue in places, but when you think what progress you've made and who am I to talk?

Carole

RobertM

Excellent effort Daniel,  I really like the way the dust lanes have come out.  It's good to see you imaging again.

There's a bit of a colour cast; as a suggestion maybe you could split the colours out and flatten them seperately.

What were the exposure details ?

Robert

MarkS

Your stars certainly look sharp - I'm glad you've sorted your collimation issues.

Did you use any filters for that image?  It looks like it could be a pig to remove the colour casting.

Mark

JohnP

Blimey Daniel loads of detail there.... I'd be interested in exposure details.. I moved grey pointer in levels & like wow...!!!!!! Great shot...

Daniel

Thanks guy's, I used the CLS filter for this, going to try some Ha tonight, maybe on Elephants Trunk, that's the one problem I've found with the hyperstar, its a Light Pollution hoover!

That said I've been working on another process, can't agree more with you guy's the black point is too low on my image and that came from stretching the levels too agressively and having to darken too much to compensate. I much prefer John's re-process.

The new process is a lot better, and those gradients aren't so hard to get rid of now, I shall post it once I've finished.

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Daniel,

I didn't reprocess I just moved the grey slider to see what was there - It's very impressive...

Look forward to seeing some Ha

John

RobertM

As John has already mentioned, that's really impressive Daniel, especially so that it's from almost inner city.  I think John's tweek may have brought the other colours up thereby improving the colour balance. 

Fay

Nice Daniel....jealous of the 90 sec bit!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!