• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May - Change of Venue

Started by Mike, Feb 26, 2009, 17:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

If you want a hook-up it is best to book first. Their number is 01580 291216.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Are they near the camping area, where we will be, Mike?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

They are in the centre of the field about 100 yards away. Not too far. You can stay there and set up your kit with the tents. If people don't mind paying a few extra quid we can set up the communal tent too and you can keep it in there.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

OK update!! I have just called Woodlands and they are currently closed as the field is 'too boggy'. They say they will probably remain closed until Easter. So, camping is off for this weekend. We will arrange another one later in the year.

RobertM

Re: Fri 22nd to Mon 25th May at Woodlands

Apollogies if I've missed any posts but is/has this beeing/been organised ... any updates ?

Thanks
Robert

Tony G

Robert,

This thread is in Bold at the top of 'Meetings and Events'  ;)

http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?board=1.0

Tony G

[Edit: Board URL has changed...]
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

RobertM

Thanks Tony, time I went to the opticians I think !!!