• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Free hour on 20" RC in New Mexico

Started by Daniel, Feb 04, 2009, 21:39:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Did you find a way to submit a plan for imaging in the next few weeks rather than straight away?

MarkS

Daniel,

I set mine to run at "Best Available Time" - I didn't actually schedule it for a particular time.  It hasn't run yet but I can see it there in my Accounts section, waiting to run.  For the next few nights my target will be close to the moon so it'll be interesting to see if they hold off for a while. 

I also note that in spite of being nighttime, LB-0005 is currently offline due to "Cloudy Skies"!

Mark

Mac

Just had an e-mail saying that my run started but diddnt finish due to bad weather, and has been rescheduled for the next best time. :roll:

So its not just london that has cloud.
Nice to know :cheesy:

Daniel

Ahhh, good to know that actually, I've scheduled mine for near the end of the month, so good to know that I'll be able to have it re-scheduled if the weather goes all british!

MarkS

This time it appears to be offline because of high winds.  I wonder if NM really is such a good place to house a 'scope?

Mark

MarkS

And today it's offline because of cloud.  Will my imaging plan be executed before the promotion ends?  Watch this space ...

Rocket Pooch

good eh, got mine 1st time but pointed it the wrong way, you are stuffed because of the weather!

MarkS

And again - offline because of cloud.

Ian

I'd better tell me missus the move to New Mexico is off. They get the same weather we do.

I wonder if it snowed there as well last night.