• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Elephant - RGB

Started by JohnP, Oct 17, 2008, 14:56:56

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I'm giving up on this now - tried about a zillion reprocesses of the RGB I got for my Elephant Trunk Neb image down at Les Granges.. this is about the best but I'm still not happy. I think I probably didn't get enough colour data to go with the Ha data that I got... :-( I've also put Ha data underneath...

Anyway, here it is....

Cheers,  John.

Mike

Looks good to me. Lots of detail along that thin section of the 'trunk' and good focus. Nice image.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

Nice detail.

Just out of interest, how are you adding the Luminance data?
Are you converting the Image to a LAB, and then adding the Luminance layer, and converting back to RGB?
Or do you do it a completly different way?

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Cheers everyone - I may try saturating it a little more - The hardest thing was trying to keep the 'horrendous' blue halo's at bay....

Mac - I use a couple of methods for adding the L as follows:

1. Process the L & RGB separately & then convert the L (or Ha) to RGB mode & then paste the colour image on top as a new layer then change the blend mode from Normal to 'colour'... or

2. Process the RGB image & then copy & Paste the L layer on top & change the blend mode from Normal to 'Luminance'.. (this is what Chris does)

HTH,  Cheers,  John

RobertM

John, I've just posted my Halo removal method in the Technical area.  It's not a perfect solution in all cases and is a bit tedious but if it helps then all well and good.

Cheers