• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The rest of my images from the weekend....

Started by JohnP, Sep 19, 2007, 09:27:34

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Below are the other images I took (in addition) to the EOS one's at the weekend. NGC6995 - LRGB was taken down at New Romney on the Thursday night - I used my SC3 & WO ZS66 - the image represents a total of 57mins of L & 9 mins each of R,G & B all taken with 90sec subs. I followed this with an image (L only) of m33 - this totals 57mins of L taken with 210sec subs. I was going to take colour as well but it was getting late (early...) & mist was a problem. I must say the imaging down at New Romney was 'bliss' - short grass, no sheep, takeaway curry, stella & a warm caravan & power... Final image is of centre of m31 - I took this on Saturday night at Tuesnoad when I was having all my problems... I started on the L & then gave up because nothing would work - so it is only 20mins worth in 60sec subs.

Anyway hope you like - John.

Fay

Gosh, John, your images with SC3 are amazing, they are all so good, you have taken so many images I am getting muddled with applying the information that goes with each individual item!
They are all really, really good, I am not just saying that.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Thanks Fay, Chris, Tony,

Again pretty pleased with outcome from such an inexpensive camera.... As you all know I have just ordered a 2nd hand Atik 16ic which is essentially the same as my SC3 except it is cooled & is 16bit - I'm hoping it'll let me go to next level of imaging (especially after seeing performance of Fay's camera at the weekend).. If it works out I suspect SC3 will be put up for sale as I already have a guider - It would make a great guide camera or imaging camera for anyone starting out. I've had a lot of fun & learnt an awful lot with this little camera...

Cheers,  John

Ian

It'll be good to see the results from that Atik, I'm sorely tempted myself (seeing the deal with Ian King including the LRGB filters and the Atik wheel).

It does seem an odd coincidence that several of us had kit problems on Saturday night that weren't there the night before. *And* we'd not been drinking whisky either.