• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Messier Marathon

Started by Tony G, Mar 24, 2007, 16:08:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

This is an announcement to inform everyone that due to the weather and the fact that we may not even see the moon tonight, let alone all the object in the Messier catalogue, that the Messier Marathon has been Cancelled.
If you need to contact me, you can PM me or call me (number can be obtained behind the scenes)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Thanks Tony,

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Miriam

Thanks for the timely warning, Tony.
Who'd be an astronomer in the UK?   :cry:

Mike

Thanks Tony. Are you going to organise another one ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Good call Tony though a shame - I was hoping to pop down myself for a few hours... Like Mike suggested maybe a new date although, I guess it needs to be soon if we are to bag a lot of the M.objects.

Cheers, John

Oscar the Cat

The next DSC in September is a good time to have another go. However it does mean that we will have to have a clear sky all night at DSC, so get your weather order in now;-)

Mike

No chance to do one earlier than that ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Speaking personally, I am relieved that the date has had to be postponed because I couldn't come on 24th, and was disappointed that I was going to miss it, so fingers crossed I can come to the re-arranged Messier marathon.

Carole

Are we still planning the messier marathan at DSC?

Carole