• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Attempt at putting Image on Forum

Started by Fay, Jan 07, 2007, 14:18:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Fay

Trying to get writing larger.

Anyway, got there in the end, thanks Tony.

M42 20x7secs with SC3 17/12/06

Fay

Tony G

Well done Fay,
very nice image.
Now you joined the elite squad i'll have to tap my forelock and not look you straight in the eye if I need to speak to you.
Well good luck with the imaging and I hope you get some clear evenings soon, I'll wait for Saturn with the webcam and the new 127mm refractor which is due tomorrow.
Clear skies

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Congrats Fay on sussing out how to post images... :-) M42 looks good although core is burnt out - with M42 I think it's important to take multiple different length exposures & combine in PS afterwards because there is such a large range of brigthness. Also, why is the nebula framed in a bright circle - Is this the way you processed it or is it vignetting...? Anyway it's great to see a new image posted - seems like ages since anyone has done anything due to crappy weather. M42 is next on my list - I want to try it with the SC3 & my RGB filters if I ever get a clear night..

Tony - What's this about a new scope - Did you get rid of your old or is this in addition...? Can we have a picture of it...

Cheers & great image Fay,  John.

Fay

Thanks John & Tony.

I know the exposures were far too short, but with bad conditions moving in, it was all I could do.

Probably I have over processed, that is why there is a bright circle, it was so long ago I can't remember the finer details now.

If I get a chance I will do some multiple exposures.

Tony, a new scope, that is exciting! What are the details of it?
Please don't look me in the eye too soon, I will have to do a lot of imaging revising when the skies clear, due to memory loss!!

Fay

Tony G

Hi all,
John, its arrived, but I can't take any photos until I get my camera back from being repaired, so all I can do is tell you that it was a scope that was reviewed in 'Sky at Night' mag and it wasn't to bad a write-up, so purchased it with some new eyepieces and binos and got the scope for £150 which was a deal that finished in November (but they forgot to up date the web site to £179 and so they honoured the web price which I thought was pretty descent of them). :) The scope is a phenix 127mm refractor with a focal length of 700mm (f5.5) and weighs in at just over 5kg.
It don't look to bad for the money, but we'll see what its like on a clear night.
Still I could have gone out a few nights over the christmas and spent the same amount on cider :cry: , also got a nice eyepiece from Bern, but I've still to try that as well. :wink:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson