• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Thor's Helmet

Started by Carole, Mar 15, 2016, 14:36:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

My 2nd attempt at this target, last time was April 2015 at Kelling when I was imaging close to the horizon.

I went to the SGL star party in Hereford area this last weekend.  We only got 1 clear night while I was there which was the last night and had aimed to get around 4 hours on this target.  Unfortunately I was delayed by software and laptop problems and by the time I sorted them out I had lost most of the first two hours.  Quite disappointing with the time wasted as it's rare to get a chance to image this target. 

ED120 & Atik314L + FR WO x 0.8
Ha 4 x 900secs
Oiii 3 x 900secs
Sii 2 x 900secs
Mapped HSO
Total 2 hours 15 mins

MarkS

I really like that - it has come out very well.  The colours are excellent.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark, I think I am reasonably happy with how it has come out considering how little data I managed to get. Just wish I had more opportunities to image it.

Carole

Ivor

Yes well done Carole you've pulled a lot of detail out of the data you have. I don't think I've imaged for 2 months now, very frustrating.

Carole

Thanks Ivor. Well I haven't done much imaging either, seem to have lost the drive from home because of the LP.

Carole

Fay

Thats come out really well Carole. at least you got something after all your troubles
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole