• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter 21 Feb 2015

Started by MarkS, Feb 25, 2015, 21:47:57

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Jupiter from Saturday night.
Imaging Source DBK21 camera with 2x Barlow on Celestron C11.  1000 frames at 30 frames/sec stacked in AutoStakkert then deconvolved.  Sky conditions were OK but not good.

Mark

Carole

Excellent image Mark.

Carole

MarkS

Here are the stages of processing  - prepared for a talk I'm giving to Ashford Astro Soc on Friday.

Planetary processing is magic, isn't it!

Mark

Kenny

Great image. And like the stages comparison.

Carole

Mark, how do you do deconvolution, is it in Iris?  Is smart sharpen the closest to this in Photoshop?

Carole

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Impressive and well processed as usual :)

Mike

It is amazing how much detail is hidden in the blurry stuff.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Nice Mark - can't wait to see an image on a night of good sky conditions...

The Thing

That's rather superb Mark. Very subtle detail all over. I think if you now ran it though WinJUPOS de-rotate you would reveal even more.

As asked below - what software did you use to deconvolve the image? I've always just used Registax Wavelets but is very easy to overdo it.

MarkS

The deconvolution was done by some software I wrote myself - an interactive filter in the wave domain (i.e. in Fourier Transform space).  But there was very little difference between that and using Registax wavelets.

Mark