• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M42 + Lovejoy

Started by Mac, Jan 11, 2015, 01:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

As tonight (saturday) was relatively clear I decided to chuck my D3 on to the back of the Scope, its been a very very long time since that combination was used.
Couldnt find my remote cable i built so i was limited to just 30s shots, using the built in timer. Couldn't find the correct adapter, so had to fudge one together, but it was only 1/1/4 and not the 2" so i did lose quite a lot of image due to vignetting.

14 Images Stacked (7mins) No darks, No flats , No bias. I know i should have taken them but i was in awe of just getting my equipment up and running.
iso 3200. Stacked in DSS, Processed in Photoshop.

Other sizes can be found here,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43711844@N04/16063829499/sizes/l

I also did comet lovejoy.
Just a quick animation over a 5 min period.

Same settings as above

Mac.
:cheesy:

Fay

Looking good Mac. what lens did you use?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Nice glad that you are starting to image again would be a waste to not use your dark skies..

Mac

QuoteLooking good Mac. what lens did you use?

None, I chucked it on the back of my William optics, 90mm F 6.9.

Just need to find the correct adapter for the camera,
I might even set up my old lx200 as a guide scope, as none of those were guided.
and start using my h9 as a guide camera.

Mac.

mickw

QuoteI might even set up my old lx200 as a guide scope, as none of those were guided.
and start using my h9 as a guide camera

:lol:  We're not worthy

Good to see you back in business Mac, you even sneaked in the running man
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Nice!

Good to see you back in action!

Mark

Mac

QuoteGood to see you back in business Mac, you even sneaked in the running man

hopefully after i find all the bits for the adapter and the remote cable, i should be cooking on gas,
(well oil in these parts, as we dont have gas)  ;)

Mac.

RobertM

It's been too long Mac but good to see you out again.  Hopefully you'll get some more time and we'll all get some clear weather.

Robert

The Thing

That's really good to see Mac. Look forward to a lot more images from deepest West Sussex.

You might have fun using the LX200 as a guide scope! I would have thought the finder would be a better bet :)

Mac

well i was thinking that it would be a problem, but i did have a f3.3 reducer somewhere, but i could never get it to focus poperly,
So i might just stick that on and see what i get, as its not to big a problem being a guide scope.

Also I've just found my 350D burried in an unopend box, Just need to Mod it. 8)

Mac.