• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Trip to Jodrell Bank.

Started by doug, Nov 23, 2012, 10:46:46

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Thanks to all who put their names on the list for the trip at the meeting Thursday last.  

If anybody else wishes to come along, please email me or leave a PM.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

doug

I have now had an email from Mr Richard Battye at Jodrell Bank Observatory and have suggested a date for the trip as Saturday, March 23rd 2013.  I am awaiting his reply so that I can let people know any further details.

Keep an eye on this post for upcoming information ....

Doug.

doug

The date has been set for Saturday, 23rd March 2013.  I have now to confirm this date with the coach company and get the details for the pick up point, payments etc.  When I have further information I shall need to collect money from those who are going on the trip.

Keep an eye on this post ........  :o

Doug.

Ian

doug

Okay. The coach has been "ordered", deposit paid, the cost, including the entrance fee is £35 per person.  I suggest you bring your own victuals as the canteen food looks to be expensive ..... We are being picked up at 05.45hrs at Orpington Station car park, so people who drive to the pick up point can park their vehicles there. We will be leaving the Observatory about 16.30 hrs for the return journey home. It`s going to be a long day, but you can sleep on the coach, hopefully.

I need to start collecting the money for the trip at the next meeting on the 24th January so please be aware of that.  Time seems to be rushing by and before we know it, we will be there, so please bring your dosh along.......

You can email me for any new information if you need to know anything more.

Cheers, Doug.

Carole

Really disappointed that I can't go on this trip.

Carole

doug

The AGM on the 28th February will be the final time people can pay their money for the trip ..... so please bring along your cash or cheques to pay Tom as he is the main cash man..... It`s £35....

See you all then.

Doug.

doug

Please see the post on the heading "Jodrell Bank and snow".  This is very urgent.  Doug.

doug

We have cancelled the JB trip. Please see the Jodrell Bank and snow post.  :twisted:

Rick

I've updated the website.

doug