• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moles at Kelling

Started by Carole, Sep 17, 2012, 21:32:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I mentioned to a few people that I thought I had moles underneath my tent as gradually the floor underneath me was becoming more and more bumpy and spongey to walk on. First of all it was in the bedroom area, and then it was encroaching into the living area.

These are photos I took when I took my tent up:

The first one I have put markers at the four corners of where my tent was and you can see all the dark red stuff within that square is squashed mole hills where I have been walking on them.  the lump towards the back of the square area is a mole hill which was in an area of my tent I did not walk on as it is under a steep slope, and this is unsquashed.  Beyond the markers are two mole hills that were there before I pitched the tent, but I had no idea they were active ones!!!!

2nd picture shows the mole hill which didn't get squashed, so you can see how big they all were when I staretd walking on them.  

Close up:

Carole

MarkS

That is really funny!!!

I don't think I've ever come across this before.

Just think of the disaster it could have been for your guiding if a mole had come up under a leg of your tripod!

Mark

Carole

Well that's a thought Mark!!!!   
Never thought of that one, it could quite well have gone that way.
Still I think it ticks the boxes for a "first".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fay

very funny Carole, reminded me of that film with Kevin ? cant remember his name, where the giant worms kept coming up, what was it called? Chris!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

That would be Tremors and Kevin Bacon
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Bet the poor mole wondered what on Earth was going on (excuse pun).

Carole

mickw

QuoteBet the poor mole wondered what on Earth was going on

Wouldn't be you stomping on it  or laying on it by any chance would it  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

I wonder if this was also the reason why my polar alignment was way off on day 2 despite not touching anything. The whole mount had leaned to one side.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan